There’s nothing like a chocolate truffle!! So rich and decadent, it’s a little bite of heaven. How about giving yourself permission to indulge with a delicious raw, vegan version that is quick to make and virtually guilt free? Bring the kids into the kitchen and get rolling!
- 1 cup ground raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup fresh dates (if dry, soak for an hour or so and drain)
- 1/8 cup agave (add more if you want to sweeten more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Put all ingredients, except for the ground peanuts, into food processor or blender until well incorporated and “pasty”. Taste test for sweetness and add a bit more agave if necessary. Mix in peanuts then place mixture in refrigerator and chill until firm.
- Once firm, roll into small truffle sized balls. Use a toothpick to dip truffles into glaze (recipe below), coat well and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet, making sure to remove the toothpick carefully. If you get an unwanted hole, cover with some extra chocolate, a sliver of peanut or dust with extra cocoa powder. Chill for 10 minutes or so and enjoy! You may also want to line an airtight container with wax paper and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 1 cup cocoa butter, finely chopped (medallions are great and easy to melt)
- 1/2 cups raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup agave or date syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cocoa butter in a double boiler to melt for 1-2 mins. Remove from heat before all the pieces have melted. Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir until smooth and well combined, then remove from double boiler.