Summer time salads are the best by the pool, beach or even chillin’ at home. I love this super quick and tasty vegan Southwest Pasta Salad recipe for such occasions and I’m sure you will too!
- 16 oz gluten free macaroni or rotini pasta of choice, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 bag of vegan ground beef of choice
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn, drained
- 1 can canned black beans, drained
- 2-3 cups vegan shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce of choice
- 1 bottle of vegan ranch or cilantro lime dressing
- 3 cups slightly crushed tortilla chips
- chopped cilantro and black olives for garnish
In a large skillet, cook vegan ground beef until done and mix in taco seasoning.
In a large bowl add pasta, vegan beef, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, black beans, cheese, and lettuce.
Pour dressing in and mix everything together.
Cover and place in fridge if you’re not ready to serve yet.
When ready to serve add in crushed chips (so they don’t get soggy). Top with chopped cilantro and olives if desired.