On a chilly morning, a nice cup of coffee or tea goes well with a warm and crumbly muffin. And nothing goes better with winter breakfast than maple! I hope you enjoy my yummy vegan maple breakfast muffins recipe!
- 3 cups all purpose flour, gluten free if desired
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 vegan egg (flax, chia or egg replacer of choice)
- 1 vegan egg yolk (i used a tablespoon of just egg or follow your heart vegan egg)
- Softened unsalted vegan butter, for greasing the pan
Preheat to 400°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and melted butter. Whisk in the milk, followed by the egg and egg yolk. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until just smooth. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, grease the muffin pan generously with softened butter, wells and top. You may want to also use muffin liners.
Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan. The cups will be almost full. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375°F and bake for about 15 minutes more, or until the muffins are golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins from the pan. Serve warm with butter, or place on a rack to cool.