In honor of visiting the magical library in Porto that inspired JK Rowling to create the world of Harry Potter, I have veganized one of the most beloved treats in the series…Butterbeer! Enjoy my vegan Butterbeer recipe and may your summer be magical!
- 2 cups vegan vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen cream soda (pour soda into ice cube trays and freeze for 4 hours)
- 2 teaspoons imitation butter extract
- 1 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 tablespoons vegan butterscotch sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup cream soda
- 3 -4 ounces dark rum (for adults only!)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Vegan whipped cream
- Frosted mug
Place cream soda ice cubes and all ingredients (except whipped cream!) in a blender and blend until smooth
Pour into your favorite frosted mug, add whipped cream and drizzle with butterscotch topping. Enjoy!
Vegan Butterscotch Sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan vanilla creamer (coconut, almond or soy)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Once melted, stir in the light brown sugar, creamer and sea salt until full combined.
Bring the mixture to a low boil and allow to cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature before serving. Once cooled, you can store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
If you’re looking to easily maintain your vegan diet, check out these vegan meal kits