I love cauliflower crust, chickpea crust and sweet potato crust. And now, I present zucchini pizza crust recipe! And this one uses no vegan cheese so it’s even healthier for those looking to reduce oil content! It’s vegan, gluten free, crispy and yummy! Enjoy as pizza crust or breadsticks any day of the week!
- 1 pound peeled, cooked and mashed zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 4 tablespoons water until gel-like)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons potato starch or arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Melted vegan butter, for brushing
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium to large mixing bowl, add all of your ingredients and knead until dough forms.
Place dough onto a parchment paper lined pizza pan or cookie sheet and form into a circle or square, making sure it is even and flat, not too thick. Brush with vegan butter.
Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove, place another piece of parchment paper over it, carefully flip it, place on pan/sheet, brush with vegan butter and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. This will make a crispy crust.
Top with you fave pizza toppings, pop in the oven for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!