- 1 cup vegan ricotta
- 2 vegan chia or flax eggs
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- shredded vegan cheddar
- 2 heaping tablespoons grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach or kale, thawed
- 1/2 cup plain all purpose flour (gluten free, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tomato sauce of choice, for cooking
- Garnish – 1/4 cup chopped chives, vegan parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to serve
Preheat oven to 350F and take a large baking dish or a ovenproof skillet with high sides. Mix the sauce ingredients in the dish together and set aside.
In a food processor, mix the ricotta, flax eggs, onion, two cheeses and spinach, spices, seasonings and blend. Empty into a large bowl and then mix in the flour until just combined (do not overmix). Then using a small ice cream scoop, make balls and place them in the sauce. Bake for 35 minutes (longer if you use a regular sized ice cream scoop).
Garnish with chives, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Serve on your fave pasta, with bread or as appetizers ; )