Well, it’s here, full blown pumpkin season! But you can totally enjoy this orange gourded time of year without all the guilt with my vegan pumpkin blondies recipe. Protein and veggie packed, gluten and sugar free! Enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten free coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice (I use monk fruit to keep it calorie free)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips)
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1 flax or chia egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons smooth nut butter of choice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line or grease a muffin tin and set aside.
In a high speed blender, combine all your ingredients and blend until a fine batter is formed. If your nut butter is not smooth enough, you may want to melt it slightly beforehand.
Divide the batter amongst the muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven brand). Ensure you check by inserting a toothpick in the center of a muffin and once clean, they are done.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, top with frosting of choice. I like a good coconut drizzle!