Sometimes you need pasta or pizza sauce but have none in the house. Or it’s just fun to whip up a healthy homemade version of pasta sauce. Either way, as much as I love slow simmering a delicious “gravy”, sometimes you just need something quick and this recipe will do the trick!
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 of a small can tomato paste
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8-12 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Place all ingredients in a blender or blend with an immersion hand blender until fully pureed. Heat how you like and top pizzas and pastas at will ; ) Enjoy!