No matter which way you slice it, anything with avocado is out of this world! Summer time is just around the corner and that means light, flavorful outdoorsy food and nothing spells summer picnic or party like avocados. This is a simple salad to whip up and just as easy to devour. A fresh combination of crispy, creamy, zesty and sweet, it will be virtually impossible to have leftovers.
- 6 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 large white or red onions, diced
- 2 cups of avocado (about 2 large), peeled and diced small (not to ripe as the avocado will end up being to mushy as opposed to holding a diced shape)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or agave syrup
Add all the diced and cut salad ingredients into a bowl.
Make the vinaigrette by mixing the dressing ingredients in a blender. Add dressing to bowl full of chopped veggies and refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving. Serve in small bowls or over a bed of lettuce.
Yields 4 to 6 large servings and 8 to 10 small ones