As we take the covers off of our bbq grills and pack our sweaters away for a few months, we are also trolling for fun summertime foods. Well, I know I am!
I adore lots of finger foods and appetizers and nothing says summertime grillin’ like spicy goodies! If you haven’t checked out my buffalo cauliflower wings recipe, you must! Plus, you’ll be using the same buffalo sauce and vegan bleu cheese recipes for these bad boys!
I love me some quinoa so I figured I’d make some fun finger foods (these are also yummalicious on a hoagie roll!) out of quinoa along with my fun creamy and spicy condiments!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded/minced vegan grilled chicken strips, seitan or tempeh
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (from our cauliflower recipe)
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large flax egg (1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons warm water, mixed to gelatinous consistency)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (gluten free if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a mini muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, vegan chicken, vegan cheese, buffalo sauce, Panko, flax egg, flour, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin tray, about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Serve immediately with bleu cheese dipping sauce.