Black Bean Taco Patty
- 1 carrot, sliced and steamed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs or finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 packet of taco seasoning (or more if desired)
Mash beans and steamed carrot in a large bowl. Mix in green pepper, onion, salsa, bread crumbs/tortillas, and flour. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning, to taste. Add flour to create a firmer mixture, or more salsa if the mixture is too stiff. Form mixture into 8 patties, and place on a greased baking sheet.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray. Fry the patties for about 8 minutes on each side, or until browned and firm. Melt cheese onto patty, if desired.
To assemble Taco Burgers:
- Vegan cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
- Burger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Red onion, sliced or diced, optional
- Salsa, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- Vegan Sour cream, optional
Top each patty with a cheese slice (if it hasn’t already been melted). Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onions, salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream. Enjoy!