With a balanced diet, drinking fresh juices is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. It’s a delicious way to get the nutrients and energy you need to achieve an active and healthy body. At home, you have a controlled environment, so it’s easy to create your favorite juice recipes every day. However, when you’re away from home, juicing is a real challenge.
In this post, you’ll learn some of the good reasons why incorporating fresh juice into your diet is important. Also, check some helpful juicing tips when you’re not at home by reading below.
Provides the Right Amount of Body Nutrients When You’re Traveling
Fruits are rich sources of vitamins, especially vitamin C, which is good for immunity. You need to have a strong immune system to avoid getting sick while out of town or traveling abroad. Regional or local diseases can be easily acquired by tourists, so it’s important to keep your body healthy and fit by eating a balanced diet and drinking fresh juices.
Fortunately, vacations and work trips don’t have to entirely tank your healthy juicing habit. That’s why careful planning is important in satisfying your craving for nutritious and delicious fresh juice.
Here are some tips and tricks to make juicing a lot easier when you’re traveling:
- Take a juicer with you if you’re going on a vacation or on a road trip. Choose a high-quality juicer that’s also portable and easy-to-use. You can visit goodnature.com to find the best juicer for you.
- Book a hotel room with a kitchenette or kitchen so you’ll have a clean space to wash your fresh produce. It also serves as a good area to clean your juicer after making juice.
If there’s no kitchen available, your last resort is to use a bathroom sink to clean your juicer. However, you have to make sure that the area is thoroughly disinfected beforehand.
- Cushion your juicer when packing it in your luggage. Bring a plastic cutting board, and possibly a bowl and colander. At your destination, you can buy a knife and mason jars at a local store.
- Avoid clogging the drain by disposing of the pulp in the trash.
Fresh Juice Provides Proper Hydration
Whether you’re planning to engage in bungee jumping, climbing hills, skydiving, or any other adventurous activities, proper hydration is important. Drinking water and fresh juices will help avoid dehydration. If you notice yourself becoming increasingly thirsty, restless, dizzy, or having a headache, these are some of the signs and symptoms of dehydration.
Proper hydration is best achieved with juicing. Fresh juice can easily restore the fluid and electrolyte balance in your body, most especially after strenuous exercise or activity. You can make your fresh juice in the hotel and bring it when you go out with family and friends for an adventure. Finish your itinerary with a hydrated and healthy body by quenching your thirst with water and fresh juice.
Here are some of the most common reasons why travelers experience dehydration:
- Dry Airplane Conditions: The air humidity level inside a plane is 10-20%, which provides a desert-like condition. This causes the body to lose water faster than a person normally would. To avoid dehydration when flying, drink at least 8 ounces of water, or fresh juice for every hour.
- Travelers’ Diarrhea: For solo travelers, one major health problem is traveler’s diarrhea, most especially when you’re visiting a place with poor food preparation standards. As much as possible, avoid eating undercooked meats, dairy products, and seafood. Also, avoid drinking beverages that come from sealed bottles. Making your own juice by using your juicer ensures you’re drinking safely.
- Limited Water Supply: Drinking tap water in a foreign country is not recommended. Bottled water can be very expensive in some areas, so some travelers buy sodas or juices. You can invest in chemical disinfectant tablets or quality filtering water bottle to drink tap water safely. You can also make fresh juices to ensure you’re hydrated all day.
Fresh Juice Provides You Energy
With increased activity, while traveling, you need the right amount of energy. At home, you might have a sedentary lifestyle, and suddenly switching to adventurous and strenuous activities will surely empty your energy level.
Juicing is a great way to replenish energy spent when walking, biking, climbing, or even merely sightseeing activities. More so if you’ll be involved in volunteer work that would require more energy for intense physical labor. Increased physical activities could drain your fluid and energy, so incorporating fresh juices in your diet is a must.
It’s easy to get dehydrated and sick when you’re traveling. That’s why you have to be physically fit and healthy before engaging in various physical activities. Always bring water and drink juice when you’re away from home to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
Incorporating juice in your diet will give you a sure way to increase your energy and fluid levels to keep you active and healthy all day.