Sometimes, breakfast time can be rushed, bland or even skipped all together. On any given weekday morning, time and options are low when it comes to the most important meal of the day. So a little planning can do wonders for having tasty, nutritious meals in a pinch, right? My yummy vegan strawberry shortcake overnight oats is one of those perfectly planned meals!
- 12 strawberries (fresh or frozen), chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups soy, almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra strawberries for layering and topping
Mix in all the ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well, cover the bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of one hour.
When you are ready to eat them, simply remove from the fridge and top with fresh strawberries, blueberries, almonds and even some yummy chocolate chips!