- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 vegan eggs (you can use Just Egg for some real fluff here! If not a chia or flax egg or egg substitute is fine as well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for frying
- 1 10-oz. box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and return to pot. Stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes to dry out. Mash with a potato masher.
In a medium bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper and seasoned salt. Whisk in vegan egg and 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir egg mixture and spinach into potatoes until thoroughly combined.
Working in batches, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add heaping tablespoons of batter to skillet. Flatten fritters with a spatula and space them so they don’t touch.
Cook, flipping once, until golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat, adding more oil between batches, until all batter has been used. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with vegan sour cream or dip of choice!