It’s a new year and we are all thinking about a healthier start. Not to mention, we need to undo what was done over the holidays. It’s cold outside and while something hearty and rich sounds like it will hit the spot, many options pack the calories. But this delicious soup is not only hearty and rich, it’s healthy and calorie conscious. Get everything you need in a nice hot bowl of this yummy, nutrient dense soup!
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 ounces So Delicious plain coconut milk
- 5 cups vegetable or vegan chicken bouillon broth
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 head cooked cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until golden. Add the 1 large head of chopped cauliflower, coconut milk, broth, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, agave, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. Add any more of the spices or seasonings to taste.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached. If using a standing blender, allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Pour the soup into the blender. Hold the lid down firmly with a clean, folded towel over it. Start on low speed and blend until the soup is smooth. Return to the pot and reheat if serving hot. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining cauliflower chunks and cilantro before serving.
This is a So Delicious and Go Dairy Free March Recipe Madness Contest entry!