Fall is well under way as is all things Pumpkin! Nothing warms the heart (and the tummy!) like freshly baked pumpkin treats. And these are a delicious snap, perfect to gobble up with tea or coffee on a cool autumn night. Vegan, delicious and easily made gluten free, these guilt free treats will be welcomed at home, school and office! Great with or without the filling too!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1 pound vegan cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
To make the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together the all the ingredients until well blended.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the filling
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
To assemble the pies
Take 2 cookies and on one side, spread a generous dollop of filling, sandwiching with the second cookie. Serve and enjoy!