It’s pumpkin everything so why not pumpkin-ize a fritter? I love fritters and have frittered all sorts of foods so this year I’ve made a new fall fave with my vegan pumpkin fritter recipe! Enjoy!
- 5 cups fresh pumpkin, shredded
- 2 vegan egg replacers (you can use flax or chia egg, just egg or mixed egg replacer powder)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 2/3 cup flour of choice (you may use a gluten free option as well)
- 2 tablespoons high heat oil of choice (I love using coconut or avocado oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded pumpkin, egg replacer, minced sage, salt and pepper. Fold in flour and add more if needed in order to hold fritters together.
Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat, and heat until the oil sizzles when a drop of water is added. Drop 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time, making sure to keep the fritters at least 1-inch apart.
Cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and golden brown.
When cooked, transfer them to a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Repeat the procedure with the remaining mixture.