We are back to crazy schedules and in need of hearty meals that don’t take too much time to prepare. That’s why I love one pot meals and my vegan creamy lemon pasta recipe is sure to tick all the boxes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced fresh taragon
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 heaping cups baby kale
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
In a 12″ pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, broth, water and baby kale. Stir then bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese, shredded cheese, tarragon, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.