During this trying time, it’s important to lower our stress levels, keep up our exercise routines and eat as clean as possible to boost our immune systems. Eating immunity boosting foods is a great way to protect ourselves so I’m sharing my #vegan immunity boosting soup recipe to help keep you in tip top shape! Full of healthy superfoods and alkaline, it’s the best!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery ,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can (15 ounce) adzuki beans (swap for beans of choice if you can’t find adzuki)
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or vegan chicken bouillon broth)
- 2/3 cup plain coconut milk
- 1 small head kale chopped
Heat the oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the carrots, parsnips, celery, and garlic and continue sauteing, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened but still al dente, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the beans and cook about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and cover. Cook at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes (ideally one hour). Taste soup for flavor and add more sea salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!