I love churros and I love waffles! So after seeing this on pinterest, I had to veganize it because duh, I can enjoy all that yumminess my way! So I played around with Chica Chocolatina’s award winning recipe and veganized it for all my veggie, dairy free, egg free peeps! Buen provecho!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups warm almond, soy or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine your churro topping ingredients, pour onto a plate and set aside to dredge waffles in later.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, butter, egg replacers and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add in cinnamon and beat until blended. Set aside.
- Melt your 1/2 cup of butter used to pour over waffles.
- Spray your waffle iron with no stick cooking spray, then ladle the batter (about a 1/2 cup portions for small waffles, 1 cup for large) into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Once fully cooked immediately pour melted butter on each side of the waffle and then dredge in your cinnamon/sugar churro mixture.
- Top with optional topping like chocolate sauce or whipped cream or eat as is and enjoy!