Who doesn’t want a sinful treat every now and again? Well now you can indulge all you want with my vegan chocolate chip protein cookies recipe is gluten free, soy free, sugar free and fodmap friendly! Packed with plant based protein and none of the regular cookie junk!
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon finely ground chia + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/2 cup nut/seed butter of choice (I use sunflower seed butter)
- 1/4 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener (use maple syrup if you aren’t worried about the sugar free aspect)
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground espresso, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Whisk together the ground chia and water, and set aside.
Beat together nut butter, monk fruit, banana and vanilla in a large bowl. Add chia egg and mix to combine.
Pour in quinoa flour, baking powder, spices and salt to the bowl and stir together. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains.
Bake cookies on center rack for 15 – 18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container. Grab, go and enjoy!