Summer is winding down but there is still plenty of time to enjoy some great picnics, bbqs and relaxing outdoor dining. Nothing goes better with summer foods than a refreshing, cool side salad. Using fresh summer tomatoes and rich, creamy avocados, this is a super easy salad that can literally be tossed together in minutes flat so you can spend more time having fun while summer time lasts! It’s great for vegans, gluten free and raw food eaters!
- 24 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium ripe avocados, diced
- Juice from half of a lemon
- about 1/4 cup or so fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed greens, for serving
In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients, mixing well, but very gently to avoid turning the salad into guacamole. Serve immediately or refrigerate with avocado pit to keep from turning brown. Serve as is, on a bed of mixed greens or with crusty bread for DIY sandwiches.