Learn how to make a fun and delicious twist on breadsticks,
Vegan and Gluten Free Chickpea breadsticks and flatbread,
on The Healthy Voyager’s Global Kitchen!
Make snack time healthy and delightful while enjoying a delicious, savory vegan snack!
Watch the episode below!
Chickpea Breadsticks/Flatbread Recipe
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt
- 5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup vegan greek yogurt (plain flavor)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup vegan egg whites (1 egg white equals 1 tablespoon of agar flakes whipped with 1 tablespoon water, chilled and whipped again)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add oil and garlic to your food processor. Chop until garlic is in small chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth dough consistency, making sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread dough evenly over sheet into a rectangle, making sure it’s not too thick or thin in places.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or so, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan or on a baking rack (if you do not let this cool completely before cutting it will crumble).
- Cut breadsticks into desired shapes, serve with dip or use as pizza crust!