1. Keeps Your Immune System Strong If you’re sexually active, you’re less likely to have to call in sick. The reason for this is that sex promotes higher levels of helpful antibodies that help fend off viruses, germs, and other harmful intruders. Besides engaging in healthy sex, there are a few other things that you can do to boost your immune system, including:
- Eat a balanced diet
- Get your required vaccinations
- Always participate in safe sex
2. Aids Your Libido If you’re looking to have a more electric sex life, simply having more sex will do the trick. Having sex will not only improve the sex that you have, but it will also boost your libido. It has been proven that when a woman has sex it improves her vaginal lubrication, elasticity, and blood flow, all of which help to boost her sex drive and make sex that much better.
3. Improves a Woman’s Bladder Control In order to avoid incontinence, a woman needs a strong pelvic floor. Good sex is good exercise for the pelvic floor, and when a woman climaxes it causes a chain reaction of ripples along the muscles of the pelvic floor, strengthening them.
4. Good for Your Blood Pressure Studies have indicated a connection between a lowered blood pressure and sex. One of those studies showed that sexual intercourse lowered a person’s systolic blood pressure, but that doesn’t count masturbation.
5. Doubles as Exercise Another great thing about sex is that it counts as a form of exercise. While it’s not enough to replace an entire regular exercise regime, sex burns at least five calories every minute. Not only does sex make you sweat, it gets your heart rate up and uses various muscle groups.
6. Lowers Your Risk of Heart Attack Good sex is not only good for you mood, it’s good for your heart. Sex also helps balance your levels of testosterone and estrogen, which can lead to heath issues if either of them is lower than it should be. Research shows that men who engage in sex at least two times a week were 50 percent less likely to die of heart disease as men you rarely had sex.
7. Lessens Pain Instead of popping pain pills, head to the bedroom instead. Orgasms can block out any pain that you might be feeling due to the hormone that it releases to raise your pain threshold. Stimulation that doesn’t lead to orgasm can also be enough to act as a pain reliever.
8. Can Lower the Chances of Contracting Prostate Cancer Men who ejaculate at least 21 times a month from sexual intercourse, masturbation, and nocturnal emissions have been shown to be less likely of getting prostate cancer.
9. Improves Quality of Sleep The reason that you might sleep better after sex is that a hormone called prolactin is released, which aids in feeling sleepy and at peace.
10. Helps Lower Stress Simply being close to your partner can help you with your anxiety and stress. Hugging and touching release mood-boosting hormones associated with your brain’s reward and pleasure system. Not only that, but sex can also help with feeling happy and having greater self-esteem.