If you are a hard gainer, also called an ectomorph, you find it very difficult to gain weight, whether it’s in the form of muscle or fat. Because of the different way ectomorphs’ bodies work, the most common workout trends today do not apply to you. Skinny girls should check out this workout from KickAssHomeGym.
But the good news is that if others can lose body fat, you can build muscle. Check out the following tips to get a more toned body from that skinny build of yours.
1. Eat Well
Because your metabolism is crazy fast, and your body burns calories quickly, you need to eat healthy to help you gain muscle. All those working out in the gym will just be in vain if you skip this part of toning up your body. Also you can use vegan pre workout supplements for more energy and faster results.
Here are some key points you need to remember.
- You need to fuel up your body since building more muscle needs energy.
- Without an excess in calories, the body will only keep its current size.
- The key idea here is to eat 200-250 calories more than your regular daily food intake and add this to your regular meals, not on snacks or desserts.
- Focus on eating a balanced diet composed of healthy foods from different food groups:
- Lean proteins – beans and lentils, nuts and seeds
- Complex carbohydrates – sweet potatoes, brown rice, yams, pumpkins, quinoa, oatmeal
- Healthy fats – avocados, walnuts, olives and olive oil, dark chocolate
- Get enough protein, which is important in building muscle and giving you those shapely curves. Consume around one gram of protein each day for every pound of your body weight.
You can also leverage wifi enabled kitchen appliances to get the most out of your cooking and stay healthy.
2. Do Lifts
Most women fear lifting weights because of the misconception that they will have bodies like the male weightlifters they see working out in the gym. Now it’s time to correct this misunderstanding. Taking a pre-workout is important to condition yourself.
Testosterone is an essential muscle-building hormone. While men produce between 200 and 1,200 nanograms per deciliter, women only have between 15 and 70 nanograms per deciliter. Normal women will never grow muscles as large as men primarily because of the much lesser testosterone women produce than men.
Here are the major ideas to remember.
- If you want to get curvier, build muscles by lifting weights.
- Forget the five-pounders you’re currently using and challenge yourself to go heavier or as heavy as you can.
- The muscles will grow under stress, and this can be done by heavy resistance training, where you gradually increase the weights you lift in the gym.
- Heavy lifting will break down muscle tissue through repairing and rebuilding, making them larger and stronger.
- If you are not feeling fatigued by the 10th repetition of an exercise, it’s time to level up the weight you’re lifting.
3. Think Big
While exercising a group of muscles may be enough for others, you need to work out the big muscle groups in your body. This way, you can train more muscles at the same time. Not only will doing this challenge your body and build muscles, but it will also add curves fast.
- Isolation exercises, which focus on a single group of muscles in the routine, are good but aren’t the best way to use your time.
- If you’re in a hurry to see results, think about doing compound movements, which allow you to use more than one muscle group. Consider deadlifts, squats, presses, rows, and pull-ups.
- These exercises will let you train more muscles at the same time, and lift more weights.
- The exercises are simple enough to progress, fun to do, will let you work more frequently, and inspire you to work harder.
4. Get Intense
Cardio is essential, but too much aerobic exercises can hamper the growth of those curves you want. Excessive aerobic training can deplete the body’s energy needed for muscle growth.
Here’s what to do instead:
- Ditch those boring workouts on the treadmill and go for high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
- HIIT, as the name implies, alternates between low- and high-intensity exercises with rests in between them.
- Try doing twenty minutes of interval sprints to strengthen your lower body while developing your glutes.
Some girls are just born skinny that no matter what and how much they eat, they don’t seem to gain any weight. Even if you’re born with the ectomorph body type, there’s certainly hope that you can achieve a shapely figure. With healthy eating habits and commitment to work hard to build your muscles, you’ll get the desired curves you want that embrace your body type. However, it’s best to remember that before doing any exercise program, you should first consult your physician.