In the last century, the United States has gone from prescribing marijuana for common ailments to demonizing it and putting users in prison. The shift in the country’s attitude is a dramatic one, and as a user, you understand that the grounds for these harsh sentences are shaky at best. How can you do your part to spread the truth about cannabis and help get it federally legalized in the country?
Seventh-grade health teachers have been falsely telling students since the dawn of time that marijuana is a gateway drug. But since your next door neighbor, medical professionals and just about anyone you ask report that CBD is accepted as a healthy and natural remedy, perhaps it can be true for the first time. Can America’s mentality be shifted through the use of CBD distillate and other products?
More states are legalizing medical marijuana and slowly, some are legalizing recreational marijuana too. The thought process is changing, albeit at the speed of drying paint, but it is changing regardless. The popularity of CBD has increased in recent years thanks to its healing properties and the fact that it is non-psychoactive. CBD manufacturing is on the rise too; in fact, farmers are having a difficult time keeping up with the demand.
- There is no shortage of healing benefits in CBD and by extension, THC as well. The most common maladies that marijuana can be used for include stomach problems, mental illnesses, arthritis and insomnia.
Support Your Area
As you are well aware, changes don’t happen overnight and take time and dedication. The use of CBD, though accepted now, was not always so. To be part of the change, you need to understand your area’s local laws and policies. There are steps that you can and should take in order to make things happen.
- Read, learn and be educated! Knowledge is power, so do as much research as you can in order to understand why it is illegal in your state; as the saying goes, know thine enemy. What are the local government’s arguments for its prohibition? Hit them back with intelligent, well-thought-out points that challenge those arguments.
- If you are a registered voter, sign as many petitions as you can to get the laws rewritten. Change starts with you!
- Volunteer. There are many different organizations that have chapters all over the country, and you can help them by volunteering and attending meetings. Check online to see what legalization projects exist nearby and join groups. There is strength in numbers.
- Write letters and emails to your lawmakers. The big boys up top might think that they are untouchable in their Benzes and Armani suits, but ultimately their job is to listen to the people. Be persistent. Write as many as you can to as many people as you can. They can’t ignore the citizens forever.
Living in an illegal state is endlessly frustrating as a cannabis user, but complaining will not get you anywhere. Use the benefits of CBD as an example to show how marijuana can help people so that you can take action and make history happen in your state.