Mmmm, tacos. Mmmm soup. Mmmm vegan taco soup! Combine all the yummy flavors of tacos in a hearty soup and you’re in for a tasty treat! Try making this taco soup recipe in instapot. There are different types of instapot available online. Here you can read Instapot reviews and comparison at 10machines.com to choose the best one according to your needs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup vegan ground beef crumbles
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can lentils
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 15 oz cans crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or 4 cups water with vegan beef bullion)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned, fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
In a large pot, saute the garlic, red pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil under tender, translucent and fragrant. Add in black beans and vegan ground beef and stir until well combined.
Add in all remaining ingredients, except for the lime juice, stirring to combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to medium heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and season to taste.
Mix in the lime juice, mixing well.
Serve and top with any of your favorite taco toppings like vegan shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, vegan sour cream, avocado slices and or tortilla chips.