Well, we are transitioning to cooler weather and less time for cooking now that everyone is back at school and work. So quick yet tasty and healthy recipes are in order this time of year. So how about giving my vegan lasagna bisque recipe a try! Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 package of vegan ground beef crumbles
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, to taste, finely minced
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth,then more to thin as desired
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces (6.5 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded vegan parmesan cheese
- 8 oz vegan ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, crumble vegan beef into pot, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add in veggie broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, fennel, browned ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile, prepare lasagna noodles according to directions listed on package.
In a mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta. Set aside.
Stir cooked pasta into soup along with parsley, then thin soup with a little more broth if desired.