I love to taco-fy everything I possibly can and when I have leftover mushrooms I figure out fun ways to jazz them up for tacos. I had some leftover sauce and voila, vegan chimichurri mushroom tacos! I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 3-6 cloves garlic (depends on your palate)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Portobello, crimini or any mushrooms you have on hand, coarsely chopped and marinated in chimichurri sauce for 2-4 hours
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- Tortillas of choice (I always use organic corn)
- Sauteed mushrooms (above)
- Microgreens (you can also use any greens on hand, shredded or finely chopped)
- Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo
- Vegan sour cream
To make the chimichurri:
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
To make mushrooms:
In a saute pan, over medium heat, saute the onions until translucent. Add in the mushrooms and saute until cooked through.
To assemble tacos:
On each tortilla fill with 1-2 heaping spoonfuls of mushrooms, top with greens, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream. And enjoy!