Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is an excellent alternative to the usual anxiety and depression prescription medicine. CBD has been shown to act upon serotonin pathways in the brain, enhancing a person’s overall mood and wellbeing. However, it could be a challenge to choose the right treatment company; and with all the options in the market, it can be challenging to make a decision.
Read on to discover more about how CBD can help anxiety and depression—and how to choose the perfect treatment option for you.
Defining anxiety and depression
The term “anxiety” refers to feelings of unease, usually about a situation that is imminent or has an uncertain or unpredictable outcome. The term is also used, however, to refer to anxiety disorders. Anxiety disorders are serious mental health conditions characterized by general feelings of fear, as well as the following symptoms:
- Panic attacks
- Sleep issues
- Cold or sweaty outbreaks
- Dry mouth
- Tense muscles
There are several types of anxiety disorders, all of which have no cure up to today. Anxiety disorders are manageable, however, and many people with anxiety disorders can live with their disorder with the help of medication.
Depression or major depressive disorder, on the other hand, is a mental condition characterized by prolonged feelings of helplessness, despair, and the desire to end one’s life. Symptoms include:
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of guilt and worthlessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
- Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping or oversleeping
- Appetite changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide
Like anxiety, depression can be medicated so that the patient is able to live with the condition. There is, however, no existing cure for major depressive disorder. Research has shown that CBD helps alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression, making it an ideal option for those seeking a natural remedy to their conditions.
What CBD is and how it can help anxiety and depression
CBD is derived from the hemp plant, a strain of cannabis that offers all the benefits and none of the drawbacks of marijuana.
Hemp-derived oil has very low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the substance that causes users to feel high. Because of this, CBD oil has become a popular option for treating a variety of conditions. In addition to anxiety and depression, CBD helps with chronic pain, arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and epilepsy, among others.
Research shows that CBD acts as a 5-HTI receptor agonist, enhancing the production of serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone and neurotransmitter that plays a vital role in regulating a person’s mood. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression and other mental health conditions, including anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder, among others.
Questions to ask a CBD anxiety and depression treatment company
There are various options when it comes to ingesting CBD oil. Before deciding on a treatment company, look into which methods appeal best to you, from the highest-rated capsules on the web to the recommendations from the list of TrustedCBDOil.com vaping pens.
Once you’ve got that down, here are the questions you’ll want to ask of your shortlisted treatment companies:
- How much THC is in the product? CBD oil must always contain less than 0.03% THC. Avoid buying from companies that refuse to declare the amount of THC in any of their products.
- Do you have your own plantation? Where do you source the hemp plant used in the oil? Planting and growing the cannabis plant (from which CBD is extracted) is legal only in the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington.
- What reviews have your customers given you? While reviews can be found on a company’s website or Facebook page, you can still ask the company representative and observe what stories they’ll tell you. Are they open about the side effects previous customers suffered? Like most medications, CBD doesn’t work for everyone. Some people don’t react too well to CBD oil. Any company who tries to convince you otherwise might not be telling you the whole truth.
CBD oil is an ideal alternative to anxiety and depression treatments, especially for people who don’t observe any progress from using prescription medication. As long as you’re careful about choosing the treatment company and product for you, you’re not likely to run into any problems. CBD oil can help you feel better and live a life free from the restrictions of your mental health conditions.