*This is a sponsored post in partnership with iHerb
Traveling is terrific but for those who live with diabetes it can be a little difficult. However, it does not mean you cannot keep diabetes in check when you are out on a trip. With a few diabetes simple remedies, you can keep your blood sugar levels in check even when on the move and enjoy your vacation to the fullest!!
Below listed are a few tips that will be useful for diabetics who want to handle travel without jeopardizing their health:
- Plan, purchase and pack– Organized travel is the key to overall healthy travel. Taking the time to gather everything you need for your trip with plenty of time will prevent leaving things you need at home. That’s why iHerb is perfect for diabetic travelers because it’s a terrific one-stop-shop for supplements/foods from that help manage blood sugar. In fact, iHerb carries over 30,000 products that can be shipped to over 160 countries plus, their customer service team also provides support in 10 languages so in case you do forget something you need while away, iHerb can get it to you!
- Find time to rest– A business trip can prove to be pretty hectic and you may find it tedious to understand how to manage your diabetes during business trip. Sometimes flights may get delayed owing to weather woes and you may find yourself jostling with time to do several chores at the destination. So, it is important to ensure that you get adequate rest. It is better if you can manage to get some time after reaching the destination. If you need some help sleeping, try some all natural melatonin.
- Eating in moderation– It is true that even if you are diabetic and adhere to dietary restriction in general, in a business trip eating with care may be tedious. There will be lavish dinners and eating out that are impossible to evade at times. However, you can surely cut down on the amount of such foods if you cannot have while dining out! Ensure you take the fatty and restricted foods in small portions to reduce the impact on your health. You may also try gorging on healthy and low fat snacks during your stay there for balancing things out. It is also prudent that you find information on foods that you can safely eat when you are outside. Perhaps pack some insulin regulating snacks, coffee alternatives and protein that can be easily packed into small travel containers to have on hand when you need them.
- Staying hydrated– It is also important that you drink a good amount of water and healthy fluids when on a business tour. Staying hydrated is important, but resist the urge to gulp down cups of hot coffee. Grab a bpa free water bottle to take on your travels.
- Working out– It is necessary to stay fit when you are out on a business tour. For that, you may resort to doing light yoga or moderate exercise. You may even resort to swimming if there is a swimming pool at the hotel. However, it would be wise not to do a hardcore workout since you will be busy with lots of work anyway. If you plan to do sightseeing and explore the area outside the meetings and professional work that would be good enough. Keep your feet healthy and comfy with foot balm.
- Checking glucose level– From time to time, check your glucose level in blood. Nowadays, you can find such portable devices that can be easily carried. If you find the level surging, take rest or cut down on activities. If you find health is deteriorating, feel free to inform your employer and colleagues. You may also make use of Smartphone apps that help you get accurate information on various health parameters. Make sure to bring your own healthy sweetener.
- Carrying medications– If you use medications for controlling diabetes symptoms and effects, do not forget to carry those when you are on a business trip. In fact, it would be wise to carry surplus medications. It is even better if you get a diabetes travel emergency kit and keep it with you when traveling. If you run out of medication, health aids such as coconut oil for proper digestion and supplements such as stress relief to keep you in tip top shape when on a tour, be sure to head right over to iHerb!
Ready to start shopping for all your healthy travel needs? New customers can get discount off their order by clicking this link. New customers can also add Promo Code, WELCOME5 to their shopping cart to get an additional $5 of their order of $40 or more.
Here’s to happy and healthy travels!