Menopause might be a disturbing phase for some women as they have to go through a lot of side effects and mood swings through it. Biological scientists have introduced the term hormone replacement therapy for balancing different hormones at the time of menopause. This therapy uses two hormones in its process including estrogen and progesterone.
As we know during menopause, the estrogen and progesterone level reduces in the body. So, HRT replaces these hormones and 12effectively balances them. So let’s explore this hormone replacing therapy introduced for women, its benefits, and side effects.
Why do women prefer Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Undoubtedly, we can say that some women have to face a lot of serious side effects as the periods stop. So, these women prefer HRT as it helps them in dealing with their side effects. In addition, HRT is helpful in the following ways:
- This therapy technique reduces the risks of getting hot flushes at any time of the day
- Also, you don’t have to worry about fluctuating mood swings
- It also treats vaginal dryness caused by menopause
- Also, it prevents vaginal walls to get thin
- The sex drive increases by getting this therapy
- In addition, it helps in treating osteoporosis
- Prevents any type of infection in the vagina
- Furthermore, it helps in improving dementia
- You can sleep peacefully without any sick feelings
- This therapy also helps in weight loss
- Besides this, it also reduces the risks of diabetes in women
Are there any risk factors regarding HRT?
There are various types of hormone replacement therapies, and there are risks accordingly. It should be noted that if women get HRT before age 60, there is lesser chance of getting any risk factors to health
However, if they get this technique after 60 years, there are risks of getting various health issues
Hence, we can say that the women going through this technique are at risk of getting the following health issues:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Any kind of stroke
- Clots in the blood may form
- Abdominal pain
- Headaches at any time of the day
- Any cancerous cells can form
Are there any alternatives for HRT?
Some women don’t feel comfortable about getting hormone replacement therapy. So, they prefer to adopt some of the alternative ways to reduce menopausal symptoms. Following are some alternatives that you can have to live a healthier life:
- Avoid drinking alcohol and drugs at the age of menopause
- Try eating less spicy foods
- Quit smoking
- Also, exercise is essential in this regard
- Have proper sleep at the time
- Moreover, try meditation or yoga to feel better
- Visit the doctor if you face severe menopausal symptoms
Keep visiting your doctor if you have to face any kind of health issues at the age of menopause. In addition, consult your doctor about hormone replacement therapy. We have discussed the benefits as well as the risk factors of getting this therapy technique. Also, we also put light on the various alternative ways a woman get to adapt.
As we all know menopause is a natural process that occurs in all women. So, the biological world has made more inventions and therapy techniques to help in treating women health issues. Be sure to check out bioidentical hormone replacement therapy Maryland for further information.