We are getting to the time of year where parties and get togethers are filling up our social calendars. Weather you are hosting a party or invited to one, it’s always good to have a quick and delicious appetizer dish in your back pocket. And who doesn’t love a warm and melty spinach artichoke dip? Here is a vegan and gluten free one to make your mouth water!
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (13 3/4-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup cooked cremini mushrooms (canned are fine)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cups vegan shredded cheese (mozzarella or Monterrey Jack)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Drain the artichoke hearts and coarsely chop in a food processor.
Combine all the ingredients except the shredded cheese in a large bowl, stirring until all ingredients are well incorporated. Scrape into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm over a low flame. You can also use a small crock pot to keep warm and melty. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or cubes of sourdough bread.