Yay! Fall is here and that means pumpkin everything! My personal fave is chilly weather and a warm, sweet beverage and what better hot drink than a pumpkin latte! Unfortunately pumpkin lattes at coffee houses have dairy in them but with this recipe, you can enjoy the best drink of the season, dairy free!
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cups vegan condensed milk (recipe below)
- 1/3 cup agave or natural sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons ground dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoons allspice
In a blender, combine all the pumpkin spice mixture ingredients. Puree for about 30 seconds.
To make latte: Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into a large mug. Microwave for about 20 seconds (or heat on the stove over medium heat), then add 1 cup of hot strong brewed coffee and stir. Add more hot milk if creamier consistency is desired. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with vegan whipped cream for a decadent treat!
Vegan condensed milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1 cup powdered soy milk
- 2/3 cup sugar (your choice of granulated sugar or agave)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour the boiling water and melted margarine into a blender first. Follow with the powdered soy milk, sugar, and vanilla, and blend it all up for 30 seconds. Pour into a glass container and keep covered in your refrigerator until it thickens and cools.