Nothing brightens a weekday like a cupcake! And with all the fun flavors that Hansen’s Naturals has, I thought I’d experiment with those to make a sweet treat! Bringing a little bit of sunshine into the kitchen, I have to say, these cupcakes is a whole lotta fun!
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 egg replacers, mixed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 fluid ounces Hansens’s Naturals Key Lime Twist Soda
- 1/2 cup vegan shortening (soy free if needed)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (soy free if needed)
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk (rice milk if needed)
To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl, place butter, shortening, and sugar. Beat until it is fluffy and well mixed.
- Add in lemon extract and vanilla flavoring. Add in all of the egg replacers and beat again until blended in.
- Add in all of your flour and then soda. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a cupcake liner lined cupcake tin
- Bake at 300 for one hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
To make the frosting
- Beat the shortening and butter together until well combined and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and soy milk, and beat for another 5 to 7 minutes until fluffy.