In addition to having straight teeth, people nowadays are also obsessed with teeth whitening. This is probably because a mouth full of white teeth is so attractive and enhances anyone’s appearance.
What are the main advantages of teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening has become an integral part of people’s grooming process. Additionally, teeth whitening offers these advantages:
- White teeth offer a positive effect both physically and psychologically.
- They minimize the look of wrinkles by reducing their visibility.
- Whitening makes teeth stronger and removes stains.
- It is an affordable process.
- White teeth make you seem friendlier.
- The process does not damage teeth.
There is no doubt about it: teeth whitening can boost your confidence and invite you to show off your smile.
Prepare for Your Teeth Whitening Session
Once you have decided to go ahead and get your teeth whitened, you will get better results by doing this prior to your whitening appointment:
- Visit your dentist and ask for a complete checkup and cleaning.
- If you have sensitive teeth, buy toothpaste for that. It may come in handy after the teeth whitening procedure.
Giving your dentist an opportunity to have a thorough look at your teeth will be very helpful in determining what whitening treatment is the most appropriate for your teeth. They will take into account the type of stains you have, whether they are due to food, tobacco, or wine. Or maybe you have stains because of some medication you are taking. Identifying the origin of the stains will help the dentist decide on the best course of action.
At Your Professional Teeth Whitening Appointment
The day has finally arrived, and you are ready to get your teeth whitened. Before starting, your dentist will have a look at your mouth to verify there are no issues that have cropped up since your last visit.
- A lip retractor is placed to keep your mouth open wide.
- Gauze is placed to keep the mouth dry.
- Gums are covered with a rubber dam to protect them from damage and limit sensitivity.
- Lips and cheeks are wiped with a protective gel to protect all tissue from the bleaching product.
The Process Begins
Your dentist will use a gel paired with a light or laser to activate it and it should provide immediate results. Once all your teeth have been painted with the gel, the light or laser will be switched on, pointing directly at the teeth.
The light will remain on for about twenty minutes. During this time, the oxygen within the gel will go deep into the teeth’s enamel to reach its color pigments. Once the treatment is finished, the light turns off automatically.
The used gel will be removed, and a new coat applied. Depending on the current color of your teeth, you may need to go through three or four whitening rounds to obtain the color you want.
After Treatment Care
You can eat and drink right after the teeth whitening in Charlotte, but it is wise to avoid dark food items such as beets, as well as coffee and red wine for at least 24 hours. Keep up with your regular teeth cleaning routine by brushing and flossing every day.
If you are ready to show off your pearly whites, schedule a teeth whitening appointment with your dentist today.