In today’s world, backpacking is the most trending style of travel that helps one broaden their horizons, help them appreciate various cultures, traditions and people better along with plenty of health benefits. Besides discovering the world, backpacking also familiarizes you better with places and people (better than how a tourist would be familiarized if traveled by public transport) and sharpens your time and finance management skills. It also is sure means to a fun, independent travel that gives you a sense of freedom. All you’ve got to do is book flights online, pack your backpack and leave! Well now if you’re a first-time backpacker and is confused on where you should head, here’s our handpicked list just for you!
- Sri Lanka – Besides being just nature’s paradise, Sri Lanka is known for its bustling cities, rugged towns, sandy beaches and more. Slightly laid back and awaited to be explored, this country is one of the most popular for backpackers who enjoy exploring different cities, the wild and coastal lines on one holiday. To avail cheap air tickets to Colombo or any city in Sri Lanka, book a few weeks in advance or during the off peak seasons.
- Jordan – Often remembered for its history and religious importance, Jordan as a country offers its travelers way more than that. For most, a journey around here could be life-changing or soul satisfying. Befriend the locals, take a camel ride, nomad at the Petra city, float along the dead sea and discover the little gems all along your backpacking break. A highly recommended choice.
- Indonesia – If you’re backpacking alone for the first time and are on a restricted budget, Indonesia is undoubtedly one of the top 3 to choose from. Get ready for great options of photography, island hopping, beach adventures, low-cost rental vehicles and affordable stay options that are luxurious too. Enjoy fresh street food and pick your hotel away from tourist spots to save more.
- India – Another budget backpacking paradise is India with a sprawling array of scenery and heritage. You can look to explore almost every corner of the country, from the Himalayas to the north, the Palaces of Rajasthan to the west, the backwaters of Kerela to the south and the tea plantations of Assam in the east. We would recommend hopping on the railways to commute within the country as you can experience landscapes like you have never seen before.
- Sweden – Dreamt of wandering in Europe and have a budget set aside? The Scandinavian country of Sweden is your backpacking cure to all your European travel yearnings. Experience the history, culture, architecture and hospitality on your trip at your own pace. You could choose to cycle around the islands of Gotland for traveling alone here is completely safe.
- Georgia – Sandwiched between Russia and Turkey, Georgia is an increasingly popular destination among the travelers in the GCC. With frequent flights of various budgets, easy visa acquiring policies and mesmerizing sceneries, this country is perfect for first time backpackers. Explore the cities of Tbilisi, Kutaisi, Batumi and many other famous cities by road.