Now that things are opening up more and more, it’s time to take mom on a Mother’s Day adventure! Outside of showering her with gifts and tasty treats, be sure to treat her to the always welcomed gift of spending time together creating lasting memories ; )
Check out some of my ideas for how to entertain every mom on your list this year with a personalized weekend adventure!
- Gardener – Visit a well known botanical garden and then visit a nursery to have her pick out some new garden goodies.
- Kitchen Commando – Love to cook? Take mom to a cooking class and perhaps a cooking school where the students create fabulous pre-fixe meals for patrons. Then pop over to her favorite cooking supply store and let her go on a mini shopping spree.
- Fashionista – Hook mom up with a personal shopper at a store of her choice so she can create a look or 2 that make her feel her best. Jazz it up with a fancy lunch or dinner in a trendy area and make her feel like a star!
- Indulgence – Moms work hard and sometimes a spa weekend is in order. Take mom to indulge in a spa day or, if possible, a spa weekend getaway at a great resort.
- Water sports enthusiast – How about a day of scuba driving, surfing, paddleboarding or a trip down the whitewater in a kayak.
- Home decorator – Jump in the car and visit local antique shops ot head to that cool town you’ve heard of where the shopping is great ; )
- Head in the clouds – Does mom like the view from up high? Try hot air ballooning or sky diving.
- Outdoor gal – How about a family hike or camping trip? Houseboating is also a fun way to get the fam together to enjoy a unique getaway experience!
- Sports chic– Get tickets to her team’s game, play some golf, whatever her sports persuasion, gather the family and do it together.
- Dancing Queen – Was mom a dancer? Treat her to dinner and dancing and make a fun evening of it for all!
- Drama queen – Nothing beats dinner and a show, taking mom to a local theatre production is always a fun treat.
- Dare devil – Try rappelling, zip lining or spelunking
- Wine lover- Try a wine tasting with mom and buy her a bottle she falls in love with!
There are so many options to tailor a fun day or weekend trip for mom to make it a healthy, eco and budget-friendly as well as memorable Mother’s Day!