Now that we are discussing the best tourist spots and vacation areas for you and your family, let’s talk about Atlanta – one of the most attention-grabbing and tourist-oriented sites in the entire Country. With so many places to go and so many things to see, you are never too sure about how to rank the best Atlanta attractions.
Every year more than 50 million people visit Atlanta making it the most visited city in Georgia. In regards to that 95000 hotel rooms are booked among the vast variety of tourists who come there to have the time of their life. And they sure do have the time of their life.
If you are planning to visit Atlanta on your upcoming vacation then you must visit these places to have an experience of a lifetime.
Atlanta Botanical Garden
Visit these beautiful botanical gardens spread at a large area of almost 30-acres and experience the true bliss of nature. The Atlanta Botanical Gardens are located adjacent to Piedmont Park that can be found in the center of the city. From the past 35 years, there have been several updates and amenities extended in this beautiful natural facility.
Why do I need to visit?
Some of the topmost reasons why you need to pay a visit are:
- Garden Lights, Atlanta Botanical Garden Holidays lights up one million LEDs each holiday season to light up the entire place.
- Weekly spectacles and classes include growing eatables, garden yoga, etc.
- See a rare collection of high-level orchids never before cultivated in the Southeast within the Fuqua Orchid Centre.
- Do spend the day in the Children’s Garden with your children, swim in the Sunflower Pool, discover the soggy bog’s Venus flytraps and learn about the honeybees in the observational hive.
- Enjoy the Kendeda canopy enjoy through the treetops, learn about new plants in the botany of Sheffield and find seasonal fruit.
Atlanta History Center
This exhibitor of the rich Atlantean history was founded in 1926. This 33-acre place that comprises of all you need to know about Atlanta and South-east America. The museum comprises of two houses that are known are the Smith Family Farm and the 1928 Swan House.
Not only this but the inauguration of Centennial Olympic Games, Kenan Research Center, gift shops and the magical World of Coca Cola reside within the boundaries of this famous History Center.
Why do I need to Visit?
- There are 33 acres of parks, wild animal walks, and forest areas in the Atlanta historic core.
- Throughout the year, the museum brings history to life through live history programs, conferences with awarded authors, children’s programs, school tours, summer camps, music series, Sheep to Shawl annual festivals, etc.
- The Atlanta History Center consists of the famous Margaret Mitchell House that is located in mid-town. This is basically a 2-acre institute that comprises of a visit to her apartment where she wrote her award-winning novel.
- One of the many places used during the filming of the Hunger Games and Catching Fire were Swan House in the Atlanta History Center. The Capital Tour provides a guided tour of Swan House demonstrating the areas used to fire.
- The Atlanta History Center, with its wing dedicated to the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games, offers exhibitions on the civil war and Africa, American and southern people.
CNN is possibly one of the largest news networks in the world standing right behind BBC and Fox news. And guess where the network operations are based? Yes! You got that right – Atlanta!
Not only do you get to visit the place but you can seek a guided tour that takes 50 minutes to look at everything happening in the BTS of CNN.
Why do I need to visit?
- Start off your tour by taking a ride of the largest free-standing escalator of the world that is 196 feet long and 8 stories high. This escalator was used to take visitors to the world of Sid and Marty Kroft.
- Learn to use the weather map and the teleprompter
- Check out all the action in Studio 7
- Learn to use the touch screen where the anchors move objects.
The World of Coca Cola
Are you also a fan of the mouth-watering and scrumptious fizzy drink famous all over the world? If you love Coca Cola just like millions of others, you need to visit the World of Coca Cola and witness how this fizzy goodness came into existence.
Why do I need to visit?
Possibly the most popular and best Atlanta attraction, the world of Coca Cola is always packed because of the following reasons
- Sample Coca Cola from around the world
- Check out the entire process
- Look at videos and exhibitions
- Get goody bags and souvenirs
- Visit the 4-D theater
No matter where you live, you know where Atlanta is (cliché vibes here). You know it’s a must to visit place and extremely famous among tourists across the world so why not pack your bags and leave for a trip that would allow you to discover the awesomeness of this amazing, historical and fun-loving capital of the Southern American State of Georgia.