Does LDR fade away gradually?
Is it better not to start a relationship with someone living far away?
Absolutely NO. In case you’re both determined to save your love and make the relationship even better day by day, your LDR will work out eventually.
LDR is no longer something unusual and extraordinary. Statistics say that about 3 million people in the USA live apart from their partners for some reasons at some stage of their relationships. Another study states that 1.9 million Canadians successfully live apart together.
So, distance and time are not such a big threat to a relationship?
No, they aren’t if you manage to adjust to the new circumstances and add more quality and feeling into your communication. Your task is to learn how to show your love and sincerity through instant messages, emails, phone talks, and video calls. Involve all your creativity: send handwritten letters and I miss you quotes, discuss everything happening in your lives to make your communication maximally effective.
Falling for Someone Who Lives Far Away
Unlike in the situation when your relationships start as geographically close, and then they turn into long-distance for some time, falling for someone who lives far away is a more complicated thing.
Meeting the person online, you’re risking to end up with a complete stranger – someone absolutely different from the person you’ve been imagining during your long chats on the net.
If you don’t wanna be shocked when you finally move in with your far away partner, be careful and follow these tips:
- Arrange real-life dates as often as possible to find out each other better
- Make these dates both in your city and in your partner’s
- Properly plan your dates so that they become memorable and eventful
- Be sincere when talking with your long-distance partner, don’t try to be someone you’re not.
However! Couples that meet each other online also survive after their reunion. The research proves that 11% of Americans who have been together for about 10 years met their partners online.
Falling in Love with Someone from Another Country
So, how to keep your communication effective and feelings burning when you’re in love with someone from another country?
Here are the best tips on how to show your love from the distance:
- Send Them Sweet Texts throughout the Day
Surprise your sweetheart with an unexpected romantic message randomly throughout the day. Don’t wait for a special moment or occasion. Do it right now.
- Text your beloved just to say ‘I love you’
Text or call them not only when you have some specific question. Do it from time to time just to say ‘I love you’ or “I miss you’. Believe me, these little gestures are very precious and meaningful for strengthening your LDR.
- Send a gift or flowers
Today, you can arrange your gift or bouquet delivery from another part of the globe in one click. Send your significant other a box of their favorite things: books, sweets, a scrapbook, a T-shirt, a bottle with 100 reasons why I love you, or a couple of your polaroid photos – in other words, turn on your creativity and make a unique gift for your love.
- Be a good listener
When your smartphones are the only means of communication between you two, it’s essential to learn to listen and to hear. Sometimes, all they need is to speak out – let your beloved do it and let them know that you’re really into their problem and ready to do anything to help.
Showing your trust is probably the most effective way to demonstrate your love on a distance. Don’t control them – it just doesn’t make any sense: if they wanna do something bad, they will, and your control won’t help it. Also, try to tell the truth always. Remember, that trust is something you both can feel on a subconscious level and it is the main ingredient of a healthy long-distance relationship that works out eventually.
Miss You Quotes
And this is a bonus for everyone dating on distance: a great list of thoughtful I miss you quotes that will help to make your texts more intimate and romantic:
- I miss you so much at this very moment, but this distance between us is only temporary. Nothing in this world can keep us apart from one another.
- Right now I am homesick and my home is you.
- I only miss you when I’m breathing.
- “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
- When I am missing you, time seems to move so much slower.
- Missing someone is not about how long it has been since you have seen them or the amount of time since you have talked…it is about that very moment when you are doing something and wishing they were there with you.
- You may be out of sight, but you are never out of my mind.
- I keep myself busy with the things I do but every time I pause, I still think of you.
- I miss you as soon as I wake up. I miss you when I’m about to sleep. I wish you were always here next to me.
- You may not always be here at my side, but you are always right here in my heart. I miss you.
- Thinking of you every; second, minute, hour, day, is medication to my illness of missing you.
- “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you.” ― Ranata Suzuki
- I can’t pretend that I don’t miss you because I see you in everything that I do.
- If I had a flower for every time I think about you and how much I miss you, then I would be walking forever in an endless garden.
- I wish you were here to tell me that everything is gonna be okay.
- Even though we are miles apart, you are still a very important part of who I am.
- Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life.
- I thought that I could handle being apart from you, but I miss you too much.
- I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, and a little bit more every day.
- I don’t care if it’s 5 minutes or a whole night, I just want to see you.
Love each other – and distance will never become a stumbling block in your relationship.