India is the land of festivals, where people across every caste, creed, gender or state comes together to celebrate it. Festivals lead us the way to break the monotony and celebrate life with great fervour and heightened spirits. It is also said to insist people celebrate and appreciate the little things in life along with the people, who actually matter. Gifting is the very aspect of Indian festivals. People greet each other or strengthen their relationships by showering their love through gifting. We are lucky to have national, cultural as well as various religious festivals which don’t just encourage us to bring our families with blood together but also each of the members of our chosen family. Here are a few gifts which every Indian has gifted their loved ones across various festivals to greet or to wish them.
- Dry Fruits – Symbolising care and concern of your loved one’s health and well-being, people tend to pass a pouch full of nutritious almonds, cashews, raisins, pistachios, apricot, dried dates and walnuts. When gifting a silver rakhi to your brother or as a Diwali corporate gift to bless your brother or employees, respectively with a nutritious dose amidst the festivities, a box full of dry fruits seems like an excellent gift option.
- Chocolates – It’s easier to pamper the Lil ones across various festivals over a box full of chocolates. Not just Lil ones, but also the biggies! Popular chocolates like Dairy Milks, Hershey’s, Ferrero Rochers, Temptations, 5 Stars, Kitkats and Nutties make an excellent gift for Raksha Bandhan when you like to please your Lil one over some beautifully crafted online rakhi piece. For some chocolates are a luxury and for some others, it is a cheaper and modern alternative to some Indian sweets which is what makes everyone a fan of it.
- Flower Bouquets – To convey feelings of love, care, affection, adoration, admiration or fondness, flowers are considered as an excellent versatile gift option. From passing it to your lover on Valentine’s day to express love or to bid someone a final goodbye as he/she heavenly abodes, floral gifts do it all for you. They are capable of melting someone’s heart into tears with their natural beauty and scent as well as they can act as a sweet reminder of the recipient’s unsaid deepest emotions. Roses, carnations, gerberas, orchids, lilies coming in different colours and mesmerising floral settings is sure to make a heartwarming gifting act.
- Indian Sweets – Indian sweets like laddoos, rasgullas, Kaju katli, gulab jamun, soan papdi and Karachi halwa are the very essence of various Indian festivities. They help to sweeten up the festivals, even more by gracing the occasion with their presence as gifts. Indian like to grace any special occasion with sweets as to make the beginnings or the festivities happy, lucky and sweet.
- Plants – One of the most thoughtful gifts are plants as they symbolise goodness, auspiciousness, prosperity, respect and care. Due to increasing awareness on bringing plants indoors to say no to pollution and other environmental hazards, it has become a very noble gift idea to pamper your loved ones with. Plants like lucky bamboo, jade, money plant, spider plant and bonsai are winning everyone’s heart when they come as a thoughtful gift.
So, these were the top 5 awesome gifts that are gifted widely across various Indian festivals, be it, on Diwali, Holi, Raksha Bandhan or any other such festivals. Each of these gifts tends to make a special occasion, even more, special by strengthening the bonds of the community and removing the malice from people’s hearts.