We are well into wedding season and with all there is around getting to celebrate with loved ones, sometimes as a guest it is not easy to figure out what to wear and how to style your outfit. While we want to pick the right outfits in line with the couple’s requests, pulling together an outfit that respects that and also one that you feel comfortable in can be a challenge!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your summer wedding attire:
- Follow established formality. Some couples are very open about where their wedding lies on the formality scale. This makes it a lot easier for selecting your look. But for others, you want to go by the time of the wedding as well as location. A daytime wedding at a barn setting, for example, will be more casual than an evening wedding in a garden or vineyard setting. Whatever you do, follow formality guidelines. And when in doubt, ask!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Comfortable shoes are a critical part of your outfit! You want to be comfortable throughout the event but also have a stylish pair. Another thing to keep in mind is if it is a wedding you’d be comfortable to kick your shoes off at to dance, or if you want to opt for a pair that are comfortable to dance in.
- Pick the right size handbag. A handbag that is too large can be nuisance to carry at a wedding, but you also want to have the space to carry your essentials. Small and compact handbags, like these cross body handbags by Mirta, can be held like a clutch and also worn cross body. This versatile option is especially great if you plan on dancing!
- Don’t wear white. This is a typical wedding rule to follow and respect. If the bride doesn’t mind about guests wearing white, let her be the one to tell you that! White is traditionally for the bride, and this is a color that you don’t want to and shouldn’t show up to a wedding in.
- Don’t wear anything too flashy. This is the event to bring out a stylish dress that you feel confident in, but you want to have one that is more low-key rather than flashy. All the attention goes to the bride and groom at a wedding.
- Don’t wear anything that is too short or too revealing. The last thing you want to worry about at a wedding is your attire. Adjusting straps and the length of your attire when you are having a great time and dancing is not worth it. Instead, opt for something that you can move and sit in comfortably.
With these tips in mind, always double check the invitation to see if there is a dress code and also consider location the weather forecast. It can be incredibly helpful to have a couple different wedding outfit options just in case of a last-minute weather change so you know you have an option that you love all ready to go!