We all grew up with Sesame Street and no matter what age, it’s super fun to see our old friends teach us new things. Well, just in time for Earth Day, the new season of Sesame Street airs on Saturdays at 9 a.m. (It also airs in Spanish on HBO Latino at that time) and I’m partnering with our friends from our favorite street to celebrate the greenest day of the year!
Some of my favorite Earth Day activities that help instill a love of nature and taking care of our planet with children include:
- Print out a calendar and draw a green star for each day that you do an activity that helps the earth!
- Join a beach or park cleanup with groups or organizations. If you can’t find one, start your own!
- Recycle old garments and accessories. Have clothes you don’t wear? Turn old jeans into a purse or old t-shirts into a quilt. Kids will love getting crafty.
- Plant a tree with your kids. Find an organization or park who is looking for planters and sign up to do it as a family.
- Get your green thumb dirty and start a garden! It’s healthy, fun, saves money and helps teach kids where their food comes from and how it all works!
In fact, check out the “Gardening Fun with Sesame Street” video, made by your friends at Sesame Street!
And for my lucky readers, be sure to enter for your chance to win a Sesame Street Spring Prize Pack: planter set and herb kit!
Here’s how to enter:
- Share a tip on how you encourage your children to care for our planet by sharing your tips on Twitter or Instagram using the #HBOLatino #SesameStreetonHBO hashtags and be sure to tag me ( @HealthyVoyager ) as well
- Copy the link to your tweet or instagram and share it in a comment below so we can keep a tally of the entries
- Promotion giveaway ends on April 30, 2016
Share with us your favorite spring activities and tune in to watch your favorite characters on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am ET/8:00 am CT on HBO and HBO Latino!
About Sesame Street on HBO
Emmy Award-winning Sesame Street and HBO have joined forces to air all new episodes as well as classic episodes from the last five seasons of the iconic series on HBO and HBO Latino. Current and past Sesame Street seasons will also air daily on HBO Family at 8 a.m., while the last five seasons will be available to stream on HBO Now, HBO Go and HBO On Demand. The new season will also include Sesame Street’s usual line-up of celeb guest stars including: Gwen Stefani, Ne-Yo, Pharrell Williams, Gina Rodriguez, and Lupita Nyong’o.