The Maldives is a bucket list destination for so many so I was beyond delighted to tick it off my list recently when I got my chance to stay at the incredibly beautiful Kandima resort!
The country’s unique geography mesmerizes tourists from the world over. Reefs that offer bands of color, tiny jewel-like islands rimmed with the whitest of soft sand surrounded by the clearest shallow waters that one can imagine. Only 200 of the islands are inhabited, and a select few on each of the atolls are resorts and some of the islands are used for industry and agriculture.
However, the beauty of the Maldives is not only above the water. The Maldives is home to about five percent of the planet’s reefs that comes with an explosion of color contributed by soft and hard corals that form them. The reefs are home to a thousand species of fish. Lured by the rich nutrients that flow in with the currents, large pelagic fishes such as manta rays and whale sharks also make the Maldives their home.
- Their own transportation (seaplane pick and drop off to the main island)
- 10 dining locales/concepts (from fine dining to coffee shop to nightclubs!)
- On site clinic/hospital (yes, you read that right!)
- Kids club
- Full service watersports and diving outfit (kayaking, scuba, snorkeling, jet skis, etc)
- Private sandbar for epic snorkeling, sun bathing and killer photos
- Full spa and state of the art gym (with personal trainers and provides classes like anti-gravity yoga, Zumba, aqua-bike classes and POUND® fitness lessons)
- Art studio and gallery
- Tennis, basketball courts and soccer field
- Cooking classes
- Live entertainment
- And more!
Kandima quite literally has it all! You can spend a week there and still never experience everything that the resort has to offer. Guests will never find themselves bored or lacking variety in their meals or activities. In fact, I was there for 7 days and felt like I never actually relaxed, haha! I wanted to try and do everything I could, there was too much fun to be had!
When it comes to the dining, I was so impressed at how Kandima caters to special diets. Their well traveled executive chef Ken does such a great job of not only accommodating their special diet guests but also going above and beyond to impress them. Stay tuned as I did a whole Maldivian cooking episode with chef and you’re definitely going to want to recreate these tasty dishes at home!