Ohhhh yes, the pumpkin season has arrived! Yum! I love all things pumpkin and pumpkin spice so when I received a fabulous jar of Peanut Butter & Co.’s newest seasonal goodie, I had to get baking!
Let’s stop messing around and get to the vegan pumpkin spice peanut butter cookies recipe!!
- 1 flax or chia egg (1 tablespoon of finely ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water – allow to sit and coagulate a bit)
- 1 cup Peanut Butter & Co.’s Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional, but delicious)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used bourbon vanilla, adds a nice rich flavor)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine well. The dough may be slightly granular because the sugar absorbs into the dough over time as the dough chills. Don’t fret, it’s a a sticky gooey dough but you’ll get it there ; )
Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with wax paper or spray with cooking spray. Place cookie dough balls on the sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart, flatten slightly and bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are set and tops are barely set, even if slightly under baked and glossy in the center. Cookies firm up as they cool; don’t over bake.