Summer time is synonymous with parties and refreshing beverages. Although, cocktails are notorious for being extremely fattening and unhealthy. Well, with the recipes below, you can have your bikini bod and booze too! With fresh ingredients, you knock out the preservatives and chemicals as well as a ton of sugar. Additionally, if you remove the alcohol, you have some super low-cal “mock-tails” so you can enjoy the drinks and keep your wits about you too! 3 cheers for summer and another 3 for being able to get your drink on the smart way!
- 1 1/2 oz organic white tequila
- 1 oz organic orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz fresh organic lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (or granulated swerve for sugar free sweetness)
- Coarse salt
- Lime slice for garnish
Pour enough salt onto a plate to cover it lightly. Rub the rim of a rocks glass with the cut side of a lime, and dip it into the salt to create a light salt rim. Add a few large ice cubes to the glass. Combine the tequila, orange juice, lime juice, and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Serve and enjoy!
Mo-or less Mojito
- 1⁄2 organic lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh organic lime juice
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh organic mint leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon agave, warmed (or granulated swerve for sugar free sweetness)
- 2 ounces organic rum
- 4 ounces club soda
- Fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- Lime wedge, for garnish
Fill a martini shaker with 1 cup ice. Add lime wedges, lime juice, and mint. Muddle lime and mint with a pestle or a long spoon until well-bruised and fragrant.
Combine agave, rum, and club soda; stir gently to dissolve agave. Add to muddled mixture; stir until mixture is well-chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice; garnish with mint and lime.
**To make a fruity version of this healthy mojito, add in 8 fresh blueberries and muddle them in with the lime and mint. Toss in a few extra for garnish when the drink is served. You may also do the same with fresh strawberries (about 4 to muddle) or blackberries (about 6).
- 1 1/2 ounces organic rum
- 1 cup organic pineapple juice
- ½ cup tender coconut meat from young coconuts
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of ice cubes
- Pineapple slices, for garnish
Mix well all ingredients in a blender. Garnish glass with pineapple slices.
Bombshell Bloody Mary
- 2 oz organic vodka
- 4 oz organic tomato juice
- ½ oz fresh organic lime juice
- 3 dashes organic hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash of sea salt
- 1 dash of black pepper
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 organic lemon or lime
Combine vodka, tomato juice and fresh lime juice. Spice it up with hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with a stalk of celery and a slice of lemon or lime. Serve over ice and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic lime juice or orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz organic rum
- 1/2 teaspoon agave (or granulated swerve for sugar free sweetness)
- Small handful of ice
Add all ingredients into a blender. Serve and enjoy!